Friday, July 1, 2011

Crepes a la Ashley

I just made some crepes for breakfast/lunch, I believe they call it brunch in the fancy world. But I am not that fancy so I just threw them together. We have some strawberry cream cheese, raspberry jam, raspberries, blueberries and some mangoes. They were so good. Here's the recipe! (Note: If you make these while watching/listening to The City on Netflix, then they will probably taste better!)


1. The first step is awesome, I think.

You just place the flour, eggs, milk, water, sugar and salt into a larger bowl and whisk it till it’s smooth.

You don’t even have to pay attention to what comes first.

Initially, the batter will look rather lumpy – which means some more mixing is needed.

Sooner or later there comes the point when the batter becomes perfectly smooth.

2. Pour one tablespoon of the vegetable oil into a medium sized frying pan (I used 7-inch – 18 cm pan).

3. Heat the pan over medium heat – we definitely don’t need too strong heat here.

4. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup (60 ml) for each crepe.

5. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

6. Cook the crepe for about 30 – 40 seconds, until the bottom is light brown.

7. Loosen the edges with a spatula and flip.

1 comment:

  1. Ok YUM. I'm coming over for breakfast next time, k? No seriously though these sound amazing! I haven't had crepes in so long but now I'm totally craving them, so I will be definitely using this recipe tonight. haha, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete