Tuesday, March 2, 2010

He definitely liked it...

So he finally put a ring on it!!!
I will start at the beginning and end at the end, or the beginning of the planning however you look at it. So, last Sunday, the 21st Tyler started giving me handmade cards that had pictures of us and some of the sweetest things written inside. He really doesn't forget anything, like the Dr. Pepper I bought for him before we were dating. So Sunday I get a card. Monday I get one of us a month into our relationship. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I am great at receiving cards! Then Saturday comes along.
On Saturday he sent me to the spa to get a massage and a manicure. It was so perfect. Then I stop by Kylee's bachelorette party and apparently a lot of people there know it's going to happen. But I have to leave early to go to the tree room. It was so perfect. But, he starts complaining half way through our main course, (he got duck, who gets duck. Sick, I hate duck) that he is sick. He's like my stomach hurts. When we leave lets go to the bathroom. I should have known something fishy there because Tyler HATES public restrooms. He has a phobia. So we go to the bathroom and leave after we finish the most amazing berries and custard and truffles. Then we are on our way home and I am kind of bummed because I thought he was going to propose at Sundance since we both love it there.
We go back to his house in Provo and he has warned me that he doesn't have anything planned for the night. I say that is fine with me. I just wanted it to be low-key anyway. We are in his room when all of a sudden he is like I am feeling sick again. (Oh great...) So after forcing him to confess that he has to go to the bathroom because I am 5 years old and think his bathroom-self-conscience-phobia is hysterical and always have, he confesses, "Ashley I have to go poop." (He is going to kill me, but in 9 months he has never said poop in front of me. What kind of boy is he?) So, he runs out of his room. He apparently goes outside to the gazebo in the backyard that is flooded with 300 candles and has lights hanging from the ceiling.
**SIDE NOTE: Last Thursday, I walked into his house because I was in the neighborhood and haven't knocked since we have been dating. I am on the phone with him and he thinks I am supposed to be hanging out with an old friend, but he ended up having to leave early. While on the phone wandering through his house trying to find him, I am asking him where he is. Tyler, being a horrible liar, claims he is inside in the living room with David Kader and his brother, Kevin. I am walking through the empty and quiet (which it NEVER is) living room. Tyler claims he is in his room. He isn't and he doesn't have sheets on his bed. Where is he? Oh in the backyard he finally fesses up. So I open the back door, which gives a straight shot of the gazebo, and he rushes me inside. We hug and apparently he thought I felt the RING because it was in his pocket. He was practicing of course. They set up the whole scene to take a picture. A PICTURE! Two hours of work to take a picture? Alright! So he swears I know.
Meanwhile, I am clueless. So Saturday night he is in the "bathroom" downstairs while I am watching He's Just NOT That Into You and texting Tracy claiming that he is never going to propose and I am going to die and yadadramaticprincessspoiledbratyada. Right as I send it, of course, RaDawn, Tyler's mom, comes into his room and says she is supposed to give me something. It's the last card. It has a picture of the gazebo from Thursday and says, "Ashley, meet me out back. Love, Tyler". So I book it down the stairs, hug RaDawn, start bawling, trip and almost fall while being secretly recorded and make a B-line for that gazebo. I get there and he says my name and I cry. Then, I hug him and he says "Stop, I need to make my speech first!" I was a little excited. Then, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry me and I screamed and I believe I said Yes. His family and DK and Dallas were hiding in the bushes filming and taking pictures. We all celebrated and then called family and celebrated some more.

I had NO idea it was coming. He threw me off pretty well. It's hard when we are so close. He had a really hard time because he had the ring for 3 weeks before be proposed and I kept bugging him about it. I wouldn't go back and change anything, not even the bugging-the-crap-out-of-him and my roommates singing "ALL the single ladies!!!" every time he came in. It was fun and we both got what we wanted in the end.

July is looking like the month. Mid-July. No plans really yet. We are going to enjoy being engaged and then make more plans. Both being in school and working, we are exhausted and recovering from the emotional night. But we are both the happiest couple. Especially on Tyler's end because I have stopped bugging him about a "sparkly diamond ring for my Birthday".

The End.










8 comments:

  1. ashley, this is perfect. I'm am so happy for you I can't even begin to describe. I just had the most ridiculoud flash backs of middle school, you had to kiss a few frogs before finally making it to your prince haha but i love you and am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmhmmmmm love it! congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this is amazing! SO amazing. I am extremely excited for you! You are such an awesome girl and you deserve only the best!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i seriously LOVE your ring. I am sooooo excited for you! ahhh. oh i told brian when i was emailing him and he said he wants an invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Ash Bash!!! Looooove it! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful night. Congratulations to you both. I'm very happy for you two and I'm looking forward to coming for the wedding. I would like to say your ring is beautiful Ashley, and I think your black button-up, long sleeve shirt is very handsome Pack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I know I'm a bit late at responding but I loved reading your engagement story. And the pictures are great too. So wonderful and exciting! Heath and I are so happy for you two.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. skip over the fact that you have no idea who i am. and skip over the fact that i had to blog stalk my way around to find your blog. i know tyler through an old roommate haha. but precious!! i am so excited for you two! your ring is gorgeous and im glad tyler found someone so adorable! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete